Lara Tomaszewska, PhD
- Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP), NYU (2013 & 2015)
- Core Course in Appraisal Studies (International Society of Appraisers), Toronto (2013)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Art History, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC (2007)
- Master of Arts in Art History, Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec (1998)
- Bachelor of Arts in Art History, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC (1994)
- Founder and Principal, Openwork Art Advisory, Victoria, BC, Canada / London, UK, current
- Director of Art Acquisitions, Shares.com, London, UK, 2016
- Lecturer, University of Victoria, Department of Gender Studies, 2010 – 2014
- Appointed Member, Arts Advisory Council, Capital Regional District, Victoria, BC, 2012 – 2015
- Lecturer, University of British Columbia, Department of Art History, 2000 – 2005
- Lecturer, University of British Columbia, Canadian Studies Department, 2004 – 2005
- Gallery Associate, Winsor Gallery, Vancouver, BC, 2003 – 2004
- Researcher (exhibitions), Morris & Helen Belkin Gallery, Vancouver, BC, 2003 – 2004
- Researcher (archives), University of British Columbia Archives, 2003 – 2004
- Gallery Associate, Romanov Gallery, Vancouver, BC, 2001 – 2002
- Curatorial Assistant, North Vancouver Museum & Archives, Vancouver, BC, 2001
- Curatorial Assistant, Feheley Fine Arts, Toronto, Ontario, 1999 – 2000
- Curatorial Assistant, Guelph Civic Museum, Guelph, Ontario, 1998 – 1999
Selected Lectures & Conferences
- Separate Spheres: Global Art Finance and Contemporary Art Practice (accepted). Association of Art Historians Annual Conference, Loughborough University, April 2017.
- At the Intersection of Art History and the Art Market: Navigating the Business of Art, Co-Chair, Universities Art Association of Canada, Ontario College of Art and Design, Oct 2014.
- Artful Assets: Collecting, Valuing and Gifting Fine Art, presented with Schibli Stedman King and Edward Jones, Victoria, BC, Sept 2014.
- Landscape, Nationhood, Identity: Emily Carr’s Modernism. Art Gallery of Victoria, Dec 2011.
- The Pacific Nation: Art, Poetry, and the Formation of the Vancouver Avant-Garde, 1965-68.
- Art Association of Canada Conference, University of Waterloo, Ontario, Nov 2007.
- On Lotus Land: Aesthetics, Counter-Culture, and the Formation of the West Coast in the 1960s. Association of Art Historians Annual Conference, University of Bristol, April 2005.
- Clement Greenberg: Modern Art, Modern Taste. Vancouver Art Gallery, October 2003.
- 19th century Technologies of Vision: Photography and the Colonial Production of Knowledge. Art History and Technologies Conference, Princeton University, March 2003.
- International Society of Appraisers (ISA)
- University Art Association of Canada (UAAC)
- Association of Art Historians (AAH)